Tip of the Week – 26 Jun 2013
Tip of the Week – Project Loon
Wonder what Google has been up to lately?
How about floating balloons in the stratosphere to provide wireless Internet service to under serviced rural areas. Have a peek at Project Loon…
*Now Available new DWDM and CWDM Optical Power Meter *
The DWDM and CWDM Lite Power meters allow you to easily measure DWDM and CWDM signal powers and wavelengths in your fiber and on any port of your multiplexer. Measurement range for DWDM is from 1526.43nm (channel 64) to 1563.86nm (channel 17) and for CWDM is from 1270nm to 1610nm. It works like a mini optical spectrum analyzer (OSA). When connected to the common fiber out of a DWDM or CWDM multiplexer, it identifies and shows all channels in the fiber and their individual channel powers.
This tool is a great help for technicians deploying and debugging DWDM and CWDM systems, measuring channel loss, and equalizing channel powers in EDFA applications.
- simultaneous measurement of all DWDM or CWDM channel powers in C-Band
- identifies which DWDM or CWDM channels are present in a fiber
- dynamic range -40dBm to +10dBm
- computer interface
- rechargeable lithium-polymer battery
- compact and portable, dimensions 3 x 6 x 1.4 inches
- great price
- Passive DWDM and CWDM networks
- EDFA DWDM networks to aid in channel power balancing
- ROADM Networks