THUNDER BAY, ON. “ November 6, 2014“ Telecom Engineering, Inc published to the Google Play Store, the “Fiber Optic Tool Box” application for Android OS devices.
This cool application provides engineers and field technicians with useful tools to help design, troubleshoot and maintain their fiber optic networks. The initial release features two versions:
The Lite (Free) version contains:
- A pluggable Transceiver Selection guide that helps you find the correct transceiver needed for a specific fiber or copper span.
- A Fiber Loss Calculator that calculates the loss of a fiber span with specific characteristics over single mode or multimode fiber.
- A Fiber Color Code guide that helps identify the correct fiber by color and its corresponding numbering as per TIA/EIA 598C.
- A CWDM and Channel Converter that finds CWDM channel wavelengths, frequencies and channel numbers, as per ITU G.694.
- A DWDM and Channel Converter that finds DWDM channel wavelengths, frequencies and channel numbers, as per ITU G.694.1.
- A dBm to mW Converter that converts from power in decibels to milliwatts and vice versa for single channel and multi channel WDM applications.
- A Chromatic Dispersion Calculator that calculates the chromatic dispersion of a specific fiber span by specifying its operating wavelength, zero dispersion wavelength and slope.
- A Latency Calculator that calculates the delay of a signal in a fiber or copper cable link.
- An OSNR calculator that calculates the fiber span OSNR where optical amplifiers are deployed.
The Pro version is $2.99 USD and has all the same features as the Lite version but does not display any advertisements.