Tip of the Week – 22 Apr 2013
Tip of the Week: OFC/NFOEC 2013 Buzz
This yearâ€™s premier fiber optic communication show OFC/NFOEC was held in Anaheim California a few weeks ago. Below are a few highlights of the show:
*Now Available new DWDM Optical Power Meter *
The DWDM Lite Power Meter allows you to easily measure DWDM signal powers and wavelengths in your fiber and on any port of your DWDM multiplexer. Measurement range from 1526.43nm (channel 64) to 1563.86nm (channel 17). It works like a mini optical spectrum analyzer (OSA). When connected to the common fiber out of a DWDM multiplexer, it identifies and shows all DWDM channels in the fiber and their individual channel powers.
This tool is a great help for technicians deploying and debugging DWDM systems, measuring channel loss, and equalizing channel powers in EDFA applications.
- Cisco has come out with a new 100G module, the CPAK, which is not an industry standard form factor such as the CFP and CFP2 but is about the same size as the CFP2. The unit is available for the ONS 15454.
- 100G CFP2 modules are available from a number of companies
- IEEE has begun drafting the 400G standard
- Large data centers are moving to single mode fiber instead of multimode fiber for interconnects.
- A number of companies have introduced channel tunable SFP+ pluggables
- Other hot topics were software defined networks (SDN) and silicon photonics
- Simultaneous measurement of all DWDM channel powers in C-Band
- Identifies which DWDM channels are present in a fiber dynamic range -40dBm to +10dBm
- computer interface
- portable with rechargeable lithium-polymer battery
- compact and portable, dimensions 3 x 6 x 1.4 inches
- great price
More details here: https://telecomengineering.com/product_type/test-equipment/
For more details and pricing please contact me at 1.888.250.1562 x 4 or by email firstname.lastname@example.org
** Also available for CWDM networks **
- Passive DWDM networks
- EDFA DWDM networks to aid in channel power balancing
- ROADM Networks