- A Transceiver Selection guide that helps you find the correct transceiver needed for a specific fiber span. It also allows for a quick transceiver price quote to be provided by Telecom Engineering.
- A Fiber Loss Calculator that calculates the loss of a fiber span with specific characteristics over single mode and multimode fiber.
- A Fiber Color Code guide that helps identify the correct fiber by color and its corresponding numbering as per TIA/EIA 598C.
- A CWDM and Channel Converter that shows CWDM channel wavelengths, frequencies and channel numbers, as per ITU G.694.
- A DWDM and Channel Converter that shows DWDM channel wavelengths, frequencies and channel numbers, as per ITU G.694.1.
- A dBm to mW Converter that converts from power in decibels to milliwatts and vice versa for single channel and multi channel WDM applications.
- A Chromatic Dispersion Calculator that calculates the chromatic dispersion of a specific fiber span by specifying its operating wavelength, zero dispersion wavelength and slope.
- A Latency Calculator that calculates the delay of a signal in a fiber or copper cable link.
- An OSNR calculator that calculates fiber span OSNR where optical amplifiers are deployed.
We welcome all comments and suggestions for future upgrades to our tool box.