WDM Lite Bi-Directional Coupler
The WDM Lite (TM) Bi-directional Coupler is a passive device that allows for optical transmissions in both directions in one fiber. It is independent of optical transmission equipment and therefore existing transmission equipment can be used with these devices. It operates with any wavelength in the 1550 or 1310 nm window (must be specified on order).
For an installation, two units are required per fiber, one at each end of the fiber. The communication equipment’s optical transmit and receive connections are made to each unitâ€™s In and Out ports. One cable fiber is connected to the common ports of both units to complete the installation. This enables optical transmission in both directions on one fiber.
As shown in the implementation diagram, the number of fibers required for a bi-directional communication system is reduced from two to one, therefore in effect doubling the fiberâ€™s transmission bandwidth.
- Available for indoor and outdoor applications
- Compact Size
- Easy to install, requires no configuration
- Low insertion loss - high isolation
- Disassembles easily for cleaning
- Bidirectional operation
- Environmentally friendly product, completely passive, no power and no cooling required for operation!
- Fully transparent at all data rates and protocols
- Independent of optical transmission equipment
- High reliability
- Epoxy-free in optical path
- SONET OC-3 to OC-192, SDH STM-1 to STM-64, GBIC, SFP, XFP, Xenpak, Ethernet over fiber, ATM over fiber etc...
- Optical Add/Drop applications
- Double Fiber Capacity without need to change equipment
- 1-RMU 19 inch or 23 inch rack mount
- ABS Plastic casing (1 Unit only)
- Fully compatible with SONET / SDH equipment
- Compatible with lightwave equipment including, Cisco, Nortel, Alcatel, Ciena, Fujitsu, etc.
- 5 Year Warranty
(*) includes connector loss
||1310 nm or 1550 nm
|Operating wavelength Span
|Minimum Peak Isolation
|Typical Insertion Loss
|Maximum Insertion Loss
|Minimum Optical Return Loss
|Maximum Cross Talk
|Typical Polarization Dependent Loss
||< 0.15 dB
|Typical Polarization Mode Dispersion
||-40Â° C to 65Â° C
- Requires UPC, SPC or APC polish connectors on common fiber with return loss better than 45 dB
- Allowable link loss budget and fiber length is dependent upon equipment OSNR requirements and back reflections
- Satisfaction guaranteed or money refunded
- Available for indoor or outdoor installation. Specify during order
- Maximum Acceptable Fiber Span LossÂ (does not apply if used with DWDMs or WDMs)Â for bi-directional coupler deployment.
Part Number: TBDC - Unit - Center Wavelength - Connector type
- 01 Single Unit/shelf
- 02 Dual Units/shelf
- 1310 1310nm Window
- 1550 1550nm Window
- FCU Ultra Polish FC
- SCU Ultra Polish SC
- FCA Angled Polish FC
- SCA Angled Polish SC
- LCU Ultra Polish LC