Minnetonka, MN – Telecom Engineering announced today their new Manual ROADM (M-ROADMTM) product.Â The M-ROADMTM is a 2 degree ROADM, expandable to multiple degrees, that is used to add/drop 8 to 40 DWDM channels in any fiber link.Â The unit is configured manually which reduces the unitâ€™s price to a fraction of a standard ROADM price.Â Product application includes DWDM add/drop sites where the expense of a standard ROADM deployment cannot be justified.
M-ROADMTM features include:
- Completely passive, no power and cooling requirements
- 2 degree unit can be expanded to any number of degrees
- 8, 16, 32, or 40 channel add/drop configuration
- individual channel power balancing
- network fiber monitor ports
- bidirectional operation on any port
- transparent to all protocols and data rates
- custom channel plans
- CWDM channel plan option available
- patent pendingÂ
More product details are available at http://www.TelecomEngineering.com Â
â€œThis is a cost effective alternative to standard high priced ROADM products.â€ said Bob Chomycz, President of Telecom Engineering USA, Inc.